From: Michael Olbrich <m.olbrich@pengutronix.de>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] raspberry pi distrokit & cmake question
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 06:52:43 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 10:18:54PM +0100, Tim Sander wrote:
> Thanks for your hints.
> > On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 12:21:09AM +0100, Tim Sander wrote:
> > > As one of my private tinkering projects I have a rather nice distrokit
> > > based ptxdist rpi repository on:
> > >
> > > https://gitorious.org/ptxdist-raspberry-pi
> > >
> > > I thought it might be of interest some of you.
> > >
> > > It has pretty recent software like qt5.2-beta and opencv.
> > > Its based on distrokit but i kicked out the submodules and integrated it
> > > into one repository as i found it much easier to use.
> > >
> > > No i would like to compile the sample which comes with raspicam:
> > > CMakeLists.txt:
> > >
> > > cmake_minimum_required (VERSION 2.8)
> > > project (raspicam_test)
> > > find_package(raspicam REQUIRED)
> > > add_executable (simpletest_raspicam simpletest_raspicam.cpp)
> > > target_link_libraries (simpletest_raspicam ${raspicam_LIBS})
> > >
> > > But cmake tells me that:
> > > Could not find a package configuration file provided by "raspicam" with
> > > any
> > > of the following names: raspicamConfig.cmake
> > >
> > > find -name raspicamConfig.cmake
> > > ./platform-
> > > raspberrypi/packages/raspicam-0.0.3/usr/lib/cmake/raspicamConfig.cmake
> > > ./platform-raspberrypi/build-target/raspicam-0.0.3-build/raspicamConfig.cm
> > > ake
> > > ./platform-raspberrypi/sysroot-target/usr/lib/cmake/raspicamConfig.cmake
> > >
> > > Especally the last line looks like a reasonable place to put such a file.
> > > But still with the rules in
> > > raspicamtest.make fail to locate the raspicamConfig.cmake file.
> > > RASPICAMTEST_CONF_TOOL  := cmake
> > > RASPICAMTEST_CONF_OPT   := $(CROSS_CMAKE_USR)
> >
> > I think it should work. Try with more debugging: start ptxdist with "-" and
> > add "--trace" (I think) to RASPICAMTEST_CONF_OPT. cmake should tell you
> > more about what it's doing.
> I had my problems starting ptxdist with "-" but the trace gave an awful lot of
> cmake debug output which is appended.

Sorry typo, I meant with "-v". That way you see the full cmake commandline.

> As far as i understand CMAKE_MODULE_PATH should be set? But i can't find this
> variable in the output log?
>
> Unfortunatly my cmake foo is pretty weak. So i am confused if i need another
> FindRaspicam.cmake file as described there
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:How_To_Find_Libraries
> or if the pathes (which look good to me on the first glimpse) are wrong.

I thought setting CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH was enough. However the
<something>Config.cmake files didn't exist when I last worked with cmake,
so I could be wrong. You could try adding CMAKE_MODULE_PATH in
platform-raspberrypi/state/config/toolchain-target.cmake.
It's generated in scripts/lib/ptxd_make_cmake_toolchain.sh from
config/cmake/toolchain-target.cmake.in

Michael