From: "Uwe Kleine-König" <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
To: Thomas Walter <thomas.walter@csc-online.eu>
Cc: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] gpsd library
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 17:14:52 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello Thomas,

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 12:34:58PM +0200, Thomas Walter wrote:
> What I did is the following:
>
> I cross-compiled the gpsd3.9 version using the Toolchain 2011.11.1, because
> this is the one which comes with my PhyCORE-AM335. Phytec does not yet use
> Toolchain 2012.12.1.
>
> The build uses the make-successor scons and not the usual way via
huh, "make-successor". There are definitly enough people in the open
source world that think that scons is worse than make, so I doubt they
will take over.

> ./configure and make. I am not the expert in creating python scripts and
> just started with ptxdist ... However, after some treatment of the gpds
> cross-compile scons configuration files I got a compiled gpsd binary and
> libgsps of version 3.9, which runs with my target and the Toolchain
> 2011.11.1. I did not build gpsmon, because ncurses is not part of the
> toolchain (couldn't find header files). Furthermore I disabled Bluetooth due
That should be possible to add when enabling ncurses in your ptxconfig.
Don't know about bluetooth.

> the same issue.
>
> I added a "file" packages to ptxdist in order to get them installed (simply
> copied) to /usr. I just flashed the generated image and it works. This
> concept works so far for me ... but I think it would be better to compile
> the gps library during the "go"-process. But as  I said I am not the python
> expert and ... in addition still on a Linux learning curve by jumping
> directly into an embedded use of it.
Definitly. Maybe someone can point another scons package that is good
enough to copy the ptxdist rules from?

Best regards
Uwe