* [ptxdist] [ANNOUNCE] Documentation/Generic BSP update after new PTXdist and toolchain release
@ 2012-12-30 18:43 Juergen Beisert
From: Juergen Beisert @ 2012-12-30 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: oselas; +Cc: ptxdist

Veeeery late, but still not too late :)

Since some days ptxdist-2012.12.0 is available at
http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/download/

And now also a slightly updated documentation is available here:

http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/appnotes_en.html

            How to become a PTXdist Guru
            ----------------------------

This manual is intended for beginners in PTXdist, but also for experts.

For beginners it provides a step by step tutorial how to get a working
environment and building all the required components to run an embedded
target.

For the experts this manual provides a PTXdist reference and other helpful
sections about features the PTXdist-2012 series offer and how to use them.

Comments are welcome, also ideas about topics you miss.

                     OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic
                     ------------------------------

Thanks to some spare time on the 29C3 'Chaos Communication Congress' an
updated OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic is now available for download. This
BSP comes with two generic platforms: i586-PC and ARM-versatilepb. They are
intended for the beginner in PTXdist and the embedded world. Both platforms
can be fully tested with QEMU, so no real hardware is required. This generic
BSP can also act as starting point of your own development. Just clone it and
adapt it to your needs.

It can be found here:

http://www.oselas.de/oselas/bsp/pengutronix/index_en.html

Comments and contributions are welcome.

Enjoy!
Your Pengutronix Development Team

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |

* Re: [ptxdist] [ANNOUNCE] Documentation/Generic BSP update after new PTXdist and toolchain release
@ 2012-12-30 19:57 ` Jon Ringle
From: Jon Ringle @ 2012-12-30 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist; +Cc: oselas

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Juergen Beisert <jbe@pengutronix.de> wrote:

> Veeeery late, but still not too late :)
>
> Since some days ptxdist-2012.12.0 is available at
> http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/download/
>
> And now also a slightly updated documentation is available here:
>
> http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/appnotes_en.html
>
>             How to become a PTXdist Guru
>             ----------------------------

I get 404 trying to click on the link to "How to become a PTXdist
Guru<http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/appnotes/OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic-arm-Quickstart.pdf>"
at the top of the page...

* Re: [ptxdist] [ANNOUNCE] Documentation/Generic BSP update after new PTXdist and toolchain release
@ 2012-12-30 20:41   ` Juergen Beisert
From: Juergen Beisert @ 2012-12-30 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist; +Cc: oselas

Jon Ringle wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Juergen Beisert <jbe@pengutronix.de> wrote:
> > Veeeery late, but still not too late :)
> >
> > Since some days ptxdist-2012.12.0 is available at
> > http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/download/
> >
> > And now also a slightly updated documentation is available here:
> >
> > http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/appnotes_en.html
> >
> >             How to become a PTXdist Guru
> >             ----------------------------
>
> I get 404 trying to click on the link to "How to become a PTXdist
> Guru [...]

Ups, you are right. I have forgotten one important step. Please try again
right now.

Regards,
Juergen

--

@ 2012-12-31 14:20 ` Tim Sander
From: Tim Sander @ 2012-12-31 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi

Thanks for the new release.

> Thanks to some spare time on the 29C3 'Chaos Communication Congress' an
> updated OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic is now available for download. This
> BSP comes with two generic platforms: i586-PC and ARM-versatilepb. They are
> intended for the beginner in PTXdist and the embedded world. Both platforms
> can be fully tested with QEMU, so no real hardware is required. This
> generic BSP can also act as starting point of your own development. Just
> clone it and adapt it to your needs.
How does OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic relate to the DistroKit?

Happy new Year
Tim

* Re: [ptxdist] [ANNOUNCE] Documentation/Generic BSP update after new PTXdist and toolchain release
@ 2012-12-31 16:50   ` Juergen Beisert
From: Juergen Beisert @ 2012-12-31 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist; +Cc: oselas

Hi Tim,

Tim Sander wrote:
> Thanks for the new release.
>
> > Thanks to some spare time on the 29C3 'Chaos Communication Congress' an
> > updated OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic is now available for download.
> > This BSP comes with two generic platforms: i586-PC and ARM-versatilepb.
> > They are intended for the beginner in PTXdist and the embedded world.
> > Both platforms can be fully tested with QEMU, so no real hardware is
> > required. This generic BSP can also act as starting point of your own
> > development. Just clone it and adapt it to your needs.
>
> How does OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic relate to the DistroKit?

There is currently no relation between the Generic- and DistroKit BSP.
But my plans are to use the Distro-Kit for future versions.

Regards,
Juergen

--

@ 2013-01-02  7:36     ` Dave Festing
From: Dave Festing @ 2013-01-02  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Juergen,

Could you point me to the diff for this version versus the previous?

Thanks,
Dave