From: Bernhard Walle <bernhard@bwalle.de>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] host-dtc not compiling
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 17:38:55 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Tim,

* Tim Sander <tim01@vlsi.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> [2012-12-20 17:23]:
> > * Tim Sander <tim01@vlsi.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> [2012-12-20 16:09]:
> > > I have the problem that host-dtc and dtc are not compiling with OSELAS
> > > 2012.12.0 and ptxdist 2012.12.0 (and also 2012.11.0). There are some
> > > bogus messages that variables are initialized but unused. But they are
> > > used later on? I have not found the place where this warning flag of
> > > unused variables is set?
> >
> > Maybe -Werror? In the Makefile of dtc itself? Can you post the error log
> > including the compiler call.
> Its -Werror=unused-but-set-variable but its not set in host-dtc.make
> I didn't found the source of the flags but maybe its from the 2012.12 toolchain?

It's set in the Makefile of dtc:

    CPPFLAGS = -I libfdt
    WARNINGS = -Werror -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wnested-externs \
            -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wredundant-decls
    CFLAGS = -g -Os -fPIC -Werror $(WARNINGS)

Since we're talking about host-dtc, the OSELAS.Toolchain is not used but
the toolchain on your host.

You have to patch the source code and/or the Makefile.

Regards,
Bernhard