From: David Jander <david.jander@protonic.nl>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: [ptxdist] patchlevel version numbers....
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 15:33:21 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi all,

My excuses if this had been asked before. I have not found any information
about this issue:

Currently version numbers in ptxdist (version 2011.12) are tightly coupled to
the original source filename that is downloaded. This is in the end the
version number in the package filename. But, what if there are local patches
to the package (bug fixes, cross-compile fixes, etc...), shouldn't the package
get a suffix to the version number (i.e. like debian package version numbers)?

Now I have the situation that we have added extra patches to fix bugs in
packages that were previously released to customers. I can't find a way to
properly differentiate the new package from the old one. How is this supposed
to be dealt with?

Best regards,

--
David Jander