Michael Olbrich wrote: > On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 01:08:53PM +0200, Juergen Beisert wrote: > > Please find below a patch to improve 'speex' buildsystem in various ways. > > 'speex' comes with many hardware related switches. And as it is a > > user-land component, sharing the settings in a PTXdist project based on > > more than one platform with different architectures is (currently) > > impossible. > > > > Also the current rule file is broken, as it depends on a few platform > > settings which are no longer available since ages. > > > > This patch adds some auto-scripts (thanks to Uwe) that are able to read > > back the important settings from the toolchain. And the result will > > configure 'speex' automagically in accordance to the architecture's > > features. > > > > These auto-scripts could also be used in other packages, that need > > architecture specific configuration. And since the use of these > > auto-scripts depends on an autogen step, PTXdist could provide these > > auto-scripts as a generic part, instead of patching them into each > > package (like it is done in this example). > > > > Comments are welcome. > > When I try to apply this I get an error: > > Applying: Improve speex's buildsystem > fatal: corrupt patch at line 942 > [...] > +-echo "You don't seem to have the development package for libogg (libogg-devel) installed. Only the Speex library (libspeex) will be built (no > encoder/decoder executable)" > [...] Hmm, all lines are correct, but not this one (and two others). Don't know why. I will re-send it again as an attachment this time. (And the broken lines are always broken in column 144...) jbe -- Pengutronix e.K. | Juergen Beisert | Linux Solutions for Science and Industry | http://www.pengutronix.de/ |