From: Michael Olbrich <m.olbrich@pengutronix.de>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Automatic package rebuild after rule/patch file update
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 15:45:41 +0100	[thread overview]

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 09:50:53AM +0100, Josef Holzmayr wrote:
> On 01.12.2011 19:29, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> >>Now I try to prepare script that will check before SVN update and
> >>remove states for changed packages, but if there is a elegant way
> >>it's better to use.
> >
> >Not right now. I've tried to do this, but so far I could not find a way to
> >do this, that performs well.
>
> Is a simple mtime comparison too unreliable? If it is, by "not
> performing well" I guess you mean the obvious possibility to hash
> the rules files...

Well first you need to find all files, that need to be considered. That
takes some time. And its far too easy to change the mtime, especially when
using an uninstalled ptxdist, so you need a hash. I tied to do something
like that and gave up when I got +10 seconds to get a 'everything is up to
date' for a larger BSP.

Michael