* Re: [ptxdist] create the rootfs-images without any ipkg packages
       [not found] <4EB9028B.1090909@axxteq.de>
@ 2011-11-08 10:36 ` Juergen Beisert
From: Juergen Beisert @ 2011-11-08 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: embedded-linux; +Cc: ptxdist, Jacek Weintrit

Jacek Weintrit wrote:
> I have some packages marked as a module (ptxdist menuconfig), but these
> are always installed in the root.jffs2.
>
> Is there a possibility that these packages can be installed separately
> only when necessary - using opkg / ipkg?
>
> I'm using PTXditst 2011.11.0.

You should create and select a so called 'collection' and disable these
packages in this collection.

Regards,
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |

* Re: [ptxdist] create the rootfs-images without any ipkg packages
@ 2011-11-08 11:01   ` Jacek Weintrit
From: Jacek Weintrit @ 2011-11-08 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Thank You for your help.

Am 08.11.2011 11:36, schrieb Juergen Beisert:
> Jacek Weintrit wrote:
>> I have some packages marked as a module (ptxdist menuconfig), but these
>> are always installed in the root.jffs2.
>>
>> Is there a possibility that these packages can be installed separately
>> only when necessary - using opkg / ipkg?
>>
>> I'm using PTXditst 2011.11.0.
>
> You should create and select a so called 'collection' and disable these
> packages in this collection.
it works:
touch packages
ptxdist --collectionconfig=packages.txt menuconfig collection
ptxdist --collectionconfig=packages.txt images

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
with best regards

Jacek Weintrit

AXXTEQ Service GmbH
In den Pützbenden 2a
52146 Würselen, Germany

tel       +49(0)2405-462-0
fax       +49(0)2405-462-110

e-mail:   jw@axxteq.de
web:      www.axxteq.com

Geschäftsführer: Dr. Andreas Scholz
Amtsgericht Aachen - HRB 15915
Ust-IdNr. (VAT-no.) DE 815 157 270

* Re: [ptxdist] create the rootfs-images without any ipkg packages
@ 2011-11-08 11:03   ` Michael Olbrich
From: Michael Olbrich @ 2011-11-08 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist; +Cc: Jacek Weintrit, embedded-linux

On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 11:36:39AM +0100, Juergen Beisert wrote:
> Jacek Weintrit wrote:
> > I have some packages marked as a module (ptxdist menuconfig), but these
> > are always installed in the root.jffs2.
> >
> > Is there a possibility that these packages can be installed separately
> > only when necessary - using opkg / ipkg?
> >
> > I'm using PTXditst 2011.11.0.
>
> You should create and select a so called 'collection' and disable these
> packages in this collection.

Note, if you want to build the packages but not add them to the images, the
do this (with no collection selected):

# build everything
$ ptxdist go
# don't add everything to the image
$ ptxdist --collectionconfig=configs/mycollection images

That way you have the ipkgs available and you can install them with
opkg/ipkg later.

Michael

* Re: [ptxdist] create the rootfs-images without any ipkg packages
@ 2011-11-08 13:23     ` Jacek Weintrit
From: Jacek Weintrit @ 2011-11-08 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Am 08.11.2011 12:03, schrieb Michael Olbrich:
> On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 11:36:39AM +0100, Juergen Beisert wrote:
>> Jacek Weintrit wrote:
>>> I have some packages marked as a module (ptxdist menuconfig), but these
>>> are always installed in the root.jffs2.
>>>
>>> Is there a possibility that these packages can be installed separately
>>> only when necessary - using opkg / ipkg?
>>>
>>> I'm using PTXditst 2011.11.0.
>>
>> You should create and select a so called 'collection' and disable these
>> packages in this collection.
>
> Note, if you want to build the packages but not add them to the images, the
> do this (with no collection selected):
>
> # build everything
> $ ptxdist go
> # don't add everything to the image
> $ ptxdist --collectionconfig=configs/mycollection images
>
> That way you have the ipkgs available and you can install them with
> opkg/ipkg later.
>
> Michael

Thank You.