Dear Bernhard, First of all thanks for the great work on porting ptxdist to mac! Since 2010 I tried using it from time to time on my mac, but alway went back to our Linux compute servers for one reason or an other. I'm using a "quiet modified" version of 10.6 (python27, ncurses, coreutils, git, and several others form macports). So my system is probably not a reference system at all. But So, following your your document I end up with a working tool-chain, a working qemu-arm-softmmu and a working kernel, but no hdd img. I had to fix .../lib/ptxdist-2012.04.0/scripts/genhdimg replacing seq by gseq. But the better approach may be a symlink in .../lib/ptxdist-2012.04.0/bin/ The next point is concerning the files system on a Mac. AFAIR the default filesystem is the case insensitive version of HFS+ (this is definitely true up to 10.6). So the OSELAS tool-chain rejects to build. And further on some of the packages will also fail. Obvious, there are two solutions. Using an external disk with a case sensitive file system (e.g. HFSX, ext*) ore using a (sparse) image as a container. I decided to use the latter approach. The last point I tumbled over is the git command on page 10: % git am git clone git://git.qemu.org/qemu.git Whats the purpose of this command? Is it really needed? An other thing is xargs ... without the gnu version make distclean fails. The solution is to symlink in .../lib/ptxdist-2012.04.0/bin/, too. Finally I added two patches to reflect these changes. May be the second patch (Makefile.in) still needs some work to be in its final state. I am not sure, in which make targets the Am 10.04.2012 um 20:35 schrieb Bernhard Walle: > I think all comments are integrated now. I uploaded a new PDF version > at http://www.bwalle.de/docs/ptxdist_mac.pdf. Thanks to Jürgen and > Andreas for the feedback. The Changelog can be viewed with GIT > at https://bitbucket.org/bwalle/ptxdist-macos-doc, the PDFs are tagged. > Regards Daniel