* [ptxdist] Download issues (error 404), custom single mirror?
@ 2019-02-16 18:09 Olivier Croquette
From: Olivier Croquette @ 2019-02-16 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hello,

I am taking over a pretty old project based on PTXdist, and I have the
problem that many components are not available online anymore, at least
where PTXdist looks for them (memstat_0.8.tar.gz,
netperf-2.7.0.tar.bz2...). So far, I was able to find these files by
looking on the web, download them manually and put them in src/ to allow
PTXdist to continue, but this is very cumbersome and prevents full
automation.

Is there a way to specify a single custom mirror (HTTP or file based)
for all packages? That would allow to put all files in a central, safe,
future-proof location.

Also, does anyone know where the list of mirrors for the different
packages is?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Regards
Olivier

* Re: [ptxdist] Download issues (error 404), custom single mirror?
@ 2019-02-17 20:32 ` Roland Hieber
From: Roland Hieber @ 2019-02-17 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olivier Croquette; +Cc: ptxdist

Hi,

You can adjust the list of mirrors in ptxdist setup -> Source Download.

If none of the URLs listed for a package can be found, ptxdist falls
back to look for the tarball under
https://public.pengutronix.de/mirror/software/ptxdist/temporary-src/ .
In that case, we at Pengutronix have a very extensive collection of
tarballs that were downloaded over the years, and if you have a list of
packages that fail to download (e.g. through "ptxdist -k urlcheck", -k
keeps going after an error), someone at PTX can put it there. I've
already done this for memstat_0.8.tar.gz and netperf-2.7.0.tar.bz2, so
these two should now be downloadable.

 - Roland

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 07:09:32PM +0100, Olivier Croquette wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am taking over a pretty old project based on PTXdist, and I have the
> problem that many components are not available online anymore, at least
> where PTXdist looks for them (memstat_0.8.tar.gz, netperf-2.7.0.tar.bz2...).
> So far, I was able to find these files by looking on the web, download them
> manually and put them in src/ to allow PTXdist to continue, but this is very
> cumbersome and prevents full automation.
>
> Is there a way to specify a single custom mirror (HTTP or file based) for
> all packages? That would allow to put all files in a central, safe,
> future-proof location.
>
> Also, does anyone know where the list of mirrors for the different packages
> is?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help!
>
> Regards
> Olivier

Roland Hieber                     | r.hieber@pengutronix.de     |
Pengutronix e.K.                  | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |
Peiner Str. 6-8, 31137 Hildesheim | Phone: +49-5121-206917-5086 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |

* Re: [ptxdist] Download issues (error 404), custom single mirror?
@ 2019-02-18 14:28 ` Alexander Dahl
From: Alexander Dahl @ 2019-02-18 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist; +Cc: Olivier Croquette

Hei hei,

Am Samstag, 16. Februar 2019, 19:09:32 CET schrieb Olivier Croquette:
> I am taking over a pretty old project based on PTXdist, and I have the
> problem that many components are not available online anymore, at least
> where PTXdist looks for them (memstat_0.8.tar.gz,
> netperf-2.7.0.tar.bz2...). So far, I was able to find these files by
> looking on the web, download them manually and put them in src/ to allow
> PTXdist to continue, but this is very cumbersome and prevents full
> automation.

At least in the first step. If you once got those tarballs and put it in the
right place, you don't need to fetch them again.

> Is there a way to specify a single custom mirror (HTTP or file based)
> for all packages? That would allow to put all files in a central, safe,
> future-proof location.

You should keep and backup all the tarballs you need at your site. What we do:

ptxdist setup -> Source Directories

Set a path to a mounted network file system (cifs, nfs, etc.) and do a central
backup of that share.

> Also, does anyone know where the list of mirrors for the different
> packages is?

Not sure what you mean, but if you're looking for specific tarballs, buildroot
has an archive, too:

http://sources.buildroot.org/

Greets
Alex

* Re: [ptxdist] Download issues (error 404), custom single mirror?
@ 2019-02-18 15:47   ` Michael Olbrich
From: Michael Olbrich @ 2019-02-18 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 03:28:19PM +0100, Alexander Dahl wrote:
> Am Samstag, 16. Februar 2019, 19:09:32 CET schrieb Olivier Croquette:
> > I am taking over a pretty old project based on PTXdist, and I have the
> > problem that many components are not available online anymore, at least
> > where PTXdist looks for them (memstat_0.8.tar.gz,
> > netperf-2.7.0.tar.bz2...). So far, I was able to find these files by
> > looking on the web, download them manually and put them in src/ to allow
> > PTXdist to continue, but this is very cumbersome and prevents full
> > automation.
>
> At least in the first step. If you once got those tarballs and put it in the
> right place, you don't need to fetch them again.
>
> > Is there a way to specify a single custom mirror (HTTP or file based)
> > for all packages? That would allow to put all files in a central, safe,
> > future-proof location.
>
> You should keep and backup all the tarballs you need at your site. What we do:
>
> ptxdist setup -> Source Directories
>
> Set a path to a mounted network file system (cifs, nfs, etc.) and do a central
> backup of that share.

If that is not possible then you could create your own mirror and configure
is with "ptxdist setup":

Source Download     --->
  PTXdist Mirror

Then your own mirror will be used as fallback if the upstream is gone.
If you also set "Only use PTXdist Mirror to download packages", then only
this mirror will be used instead of trying the upstream URL.

Michael

* Re: [ptxdist] Download issues (error 404), custom single mirror?
@ 2019-02-18 20:04   ` Ian Abbott
From: Ian Abbott @ 2019-02-18 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

On 17/02/2019 20:32, Roland Hieber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can adjust the list of mirrors in ptxdist setup -> Source Download.
>
> If none of the URLs listed for a package can be found, ptxdist falls
> back to look for the tarball under
> https://public.pengutronix.de/mirror/software/ptxdist/temporary-src/ .
> In that case, we at Pengutronix have a very extensive collection of
> tarballs that were downloaded over the years, and if you have a list of
> packages that fail to download (e.g. through "ptxdist -k urlcheck", -k
> keeps going after an error), someone at PTX can put it there. I've
> already done this for memstat_0.8.tar.gz and netperf-2.7.0.tar.bz2, so
> these two should now be downloadable.
>
>   - Roland

For what it's worth, with PTXdist 2019.01.0, I currently get urlcheck
failures for:

libconfig-1.4.9.tar.gz
opkg-utils-0.3.6.tar.bz2

But I have local copies of both of those.

--
-=( Ian Abbott <abbotti@mev.co.uk> || Web: www.mev.co.uk )=-
-=( MEV Ltd. is a company registered in England & Wales. )=-

* Re: [ptxdist] Download issues (error 404), custom single mirror?
@ 2019-02-22  5:51     ` Michael Olbrich
From: Michael Olbrich @ 2019-02-22  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 08:04:56PM +0000, Ian Abbott wrote:
> On 17/02/2019 20:32, Roland Hieber wrote:
> > You can adjust the list of mirrors in ptxdist setup -> Source Download.
> >
> > If none of the URLs listed for a package can be found, ptxdist falls
> > back to look for the tarball under
> > https://public.pengutronix.de/mirror/software/ptxdist/temporary-src/ .
> > In that case, we at Pengutronix have a very extensive collection of
> > tarballs that were downloaded over the years, and if you have a list of
> > packages that fail to download (e.g. through "ptxdist -k urlcheck", -k
> > keeps going after an error), someone at PTX can put it there. I've
> > already done this for memstat_0.8.tar.gz and netperf-2.7.0.tar.bz2, so
> > these two should now be downloadable.
> >
> >   - Roland
>
> For what it's worth, with PTXdist 2019.01.0, I currently get urlcheck
> failures for:
>
> libconfig-1.4.9.tar.gz

That's one if the reasons why this package is in staging.

> opkg-utils-0.3.6.tar.bz2

This one works for me.

Michael