* [ptxdist] system bash replacement
@ 2017-09-09  8:59 Erwin Rol
From: Erwin Rol @ 2017-09-09  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hallo All,

I have several (older) CentOS 6.X (and even 5.X :-/ ) systems that have
bash 4.1.2 which is to old for newer ptxdist releases.

Ptxdist checks for several tools and places links in its $PTXDIR/bin/
dir. Tools include cp, ls, awk, and bash. The ptxdist $PTXDIR/bin/ dir
is placed in PATH so those links in $PTXDIR/bin/ are found first.

But! all ptxdist scripts have "#!/bin/bash" in them, so that bash link
in $PTXDIR/bin/ is never used.

I have some success by replacing "#!/bin/bash" with "#!/usr/bin/env
bash" but before I go ahead with that I would like to hear if someone
already tried that and failed (or succeeded).

BTW the same for the python link, scripts with #!/bin/python  will not
use it.

- Erwin