From: Bart Vanhaute <bart_vanhaute@trimble.com>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Make libcups and libcupsimage get installed by my ptxdist cups.make
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 15:03:04 +0100	[thread overview]

On Mon, 2014-03-03 at 12:48 +0000, David Thomas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to compile cups and ghostscript for the phycore-am335x target using ptxdist.
>
> Most of the work is done, and both packages compile and build
> successfully. The problem I have is that I cannot get ghostscript to
> create gstoraster which is needed for cups to work with non-Postscript
> printers.

Hello,

I have recently build a basic version of cups and cups-filters for that
same architecture, but I did not use ghostscript for this. If the target
printers are no postscript printers and you are not required to handle
genuine postscript files, you might be easier off without ghostscript.
If cups can not find the gstoraster program, it can try other routes to
produce the output. I have installed poppler for this.

> [..]
>
> The call to install libcups fails with the following:
>
> Error: ptxd_lib_install: cannot find library 'libcups'!
> make: *** [/home/z/z/phyCORE-AM335x-PD13.1.0/platform-phyCORE-AM335x/state/cups.targetinstall] Error 1
> failed
>
> I think I need to copy the libraries to somewhere else to get this to work, but I can't figure it out.
>
> I saw something about the package's install stage having to be
> DESTDIR-aware. I'm not sure what that means, but I believe it might be
> related to this problem.

My cups install target uses :

CUPS_INSTALL_OPT := \
	install DSTROOT=$(CUPS_PKGDIR)