From: "Anup Halarnkar" <anup_hal@rediffmail.com>
To: anup_hal@rediffmail.com
Cc: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] BUG in version 2012.06.0
Date: 16 Dec 2012 18:53:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble. It seems apparently that some packages were not installed for the UBUNTU OS. I installed them and ptxdist was installed properly.

But, I am getting an error as below;

error:	The ptxconfig file version and ptxdist version do not match:

	configfile version: 2011.11.0

	ptxdist version:    2012.06.0

	You can either migrate from an older ptxdist release with:

	'ptxdist migrate'

	or, to ignore this error, add '--force'

	to ptxdist's parameters, e.g.:

	'ptxdist --force go'

I would appreciate if you provide some pointers on the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Anup Halarnkar

On Sun, 16 Dec 2012 17:57:39 +0530  wrote

>Hi,

Platform: UBUNTU ver 12.04 LTS

Target Hardware: MINI2440

Command line utility: Terminal

PTX Dist version: 2012.06.0.

As described in the Quickstart manual "OSELAS.BSP() MINI2440", on page 12 after running the command "./configure", I get a configure error "libncurses not installed"

and further it asks me to install this file.

The manual is very well written. I appreciate your team for the effort.

I will go ahead and download an updated version of "PTX Dist" on your website. Hope this helps. Any inputs from you will be appreciated as well. I will get back with the results.

Thanks and Regards,

Anup Halarnkar

Catch India as it happens with the Rediff News App. To download it for FREE, click here