* [ptxdist] Micro2440
@ 2012-12-13  9:54 Hans Sorge
From: Hans Sorge @ 2012-12-13  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hello,

I have the OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Mini2440-2012.06.0 installed on my
Micro2440. The display has TD035STED4 the designation. Everything works,
only the display is blank. I have chosen in the kernelconfig TDO35S support.
The touch screen works and I can also turn on the backlight. I use  fbtest
but nothing is displayed. Is the shell at all on the display?

Many thanks

Hans Sorge

* Re: [ptxdist] Micro2440
@ 2012-12-13 10:51 ` Josef Holzmayr
From: Josef Holzmayr @ 2012-12-13 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Am 13.12.2012 10:54, schrieb Hans Sorge:

> I have the OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Mini2440-2012.06.0 installed on my
> Micro2440. The display has TD035STED4 the designation. Everything works,
> only the display is blank. I have chosen in the kernelconfig TDO35S support.
> The touch screen works and I can also turn on the backlight. I use  fbtest
> but nothing is displayed. Is the shell at all on the display?

The screen being completely blank despite fbtest is indeed a bit
strange, if you have passed the correct kernel args for your lcd.
The getty is not on the screen as far as i know. The qt4/qml demos
should show you something there, for a first test.

Greetz
Josef Holzmayr
Dipl-Ing. (FH)
Entwicklung Embedded Devices / Software

Tel.: +49 8444 9204-48>
Fax:  +49 8444 9204-50
holzmayr@rsi-elektrotechnik.de

R-S-I Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Woelkestrasse 11
D-85301 Schweitenkirchen
www.rsi-elektrotechnik.de

* Re: [ptxdist] Micro2440
@ 2012-12-14  9:15 ` Juergen Beisert
From: Juergen Beisert @ 2012-12-14  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist; +Cc: Hans Sorge

Hi Hans,

Hans Sorge wrote:
> I have the OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Mini2440-2012.06.0 installed on my
> Micro2440. The display has TD035STED4 the designation. Everything works,
> only the display is blank. I have chosen in the kernelconfig TDO35S
> support. The touch screen works and I can also turn on the backlight. I use
>  fbtest but nothing is displayed. Is the shell at all on the display?

From http://www.pengutronix.de/oselas/bsp/pengutronix/mini2440_bsp_en.html:

[...]
Known issues
OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Mini2440-2012.06.0
  Issue: The LCD is always off, independent of the used type
     enable it. So, the attached display never gets valid signals.
  Solution: Apply this hot fix patch to the
     OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Mini2440-2012.06.0 [1] board support package after
     extracting it from the archive. Follow the steps listed in its header to
     apply the patch.
[...]

[1]
http://www.pengutronix.de/oselas/bsp/pengutronix/download/OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Mini2440-2012.06.0.patch

Regards
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |